[Gluster-users] balancing redundancy with space utilization

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at zresearch.com
Wed Jun 4 02:51:08 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,
You need unify of afr volumes.

3 copies of 8 servers is slightly odd to pair. Though you
have options..
1) 1-2-3, 4-5-6, 7-8-1
2) 1-2-3, 4-5-6, 7-8
3) 1-2-3, 2-3-4, 3-4-5 4-5-6 5-6-7 6-7-8

My recommendation is to go for 9 servers if you are looking
for 3 copies of all files. Upgrading in pairs of 3 becomes
easier at a later stage.

Please refer to this documentation:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Unify_over_AFR

Happy Hacking,