[Gluster-users] GlusterFS startup problems

Anand Babu Periasamy ab at zresearch.com
Sun Jun 8 17:56:27 UTC 2008

Hi Paul,
Can you please run "ldconfig" and freshly compile glusterfs
again.

Please send us the output of "configure --prefix=" and config.log. If you
look at the configure output, it will tell you if it
detected fuse correctly. Also run updatedb and locate fuse.so.
See where it is.

Notes for others:
Previously glusterfs server and client code were separate. Client
depended on fuse. Now that both server and client have merged
into one and there are other ways to access the file system directly
bypassing the kernel (like apache client), compiling fuse is
optional. But I think we should make fuse as mandatory unless
user passes --disable-fuse-client explicitly. Most of the GlusterFS users
will require fuse client. This will avoid fuse confusion.

Happy Hacking,
--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

Pinoy Hatdog wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Well, I did try looking for '/fuse.so/' in the
> '//usr/lib/glusterfs/1.3.9/xlator/mount//' directory, but I wasn't able
to find it there (actually the '/mount/' folder itself didn't even
exist). So that made me want to try doing another rebuild of GlusterFS
(just in case something was missed that I didn't notice), but that
didn't help since the '/mount/' folder was still missing after the
rebuild.

> Oh, also thanks for letting me know about forwarding it to the list, I
only just noticed that I was only sending my replies directly to you,
and not to the list.

> -Paul
>

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Christopher Hawkins
> <chawkins at bplinux.com <mailto:chawkins at bplinux.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sounds like it can't find fuse.so. Is it there?
>
>     Also, be sure to copy the list and not just me. Others can help you
as well and may know the exact cause of your problem.   ;-)