[Gluster-users] Glusterfs could not open spec file

rajasekhar gurram rajasekhar.gurram at locuz.com
Fri Jun 27 12:20:12 UTC 2008

Dear Team,
I have installed and configured gluster in one server and client.
one time it was worked fine, again later it is not working.
my configuration files.
[root at rhel2 ~]# cat /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-server.vol
volume rhel2
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /opt        # Export this directory

volume rhel2
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  option client-volume-filename /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
  subvolumes export test
  option auth.ip.rhel2.allow * # Allow access to "brick" volume
[root at rhel2 ~]#

[root at test ~]# cat /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol
volume rhel2
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client
  option remote-host
  option remote-subvolume rhel2
[root at test ~]#

[root at test ~]# glusterfs --server /mnt/glusterfs/ --volume-name r                                              hel2
glusterfs: could not open specfile
[root at test ~]#

Apart from these i have few doubts,
1)In our website it told that gluster there is no single point of failure.
But as per configuration point of view it is like server and client model so if server fails
client cannot able to mount.
2)In server how can i confirm whether server was exported or not where as in NFS we have command to check showmount.

kindly inform me If iam doing wrong, it will help full for me to go further checks.

Thanks and Regards
System Engineer.