[Gluster-users] patched fuse

Andy Sy andy.sy at neotitans.com
Sun Jul 26 20:59:39 UTC 2009

I am trying to compile the patched fuse from

ftp://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/fuse/fuse-2.7.4glfs11.tar.gz

in a kvm Slackware 12.2 environment as well as a
Xen one.

Slackware 12.2 uses kernel 2.6.27.7 so does this rule
out having to use the patched version of fuse (like I
have read in an earlier message somewhere on the list)?

In the Xen environment, I don't think it's feasible
to compile it as a module for domU?  (If someone
knows how please teach...)

So I was wondering if there is a patch against the
kernel sources instead so that I can compile it in-kernel?
I won't be able to touch the dom0 kernel because this
is controlled by the hosting company and they may not
be willing to install fuse there.