[Gluster-users] migrating from standalone storage to distributed storage

Deyan Chepishev dchepishev at superhosting.bg
Sat Jun 20 17:58:30 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have to setup the following config:

One server with some amount of space.  I intend to use standalone
configuration.
However later some time, I will have to add more servers. Can you please
advise how should I proceed with the initial setup, because I read that:

<http://gluster.org/docs/index.php/Translators_v2.0#Distribute_Translator>Distribute
Translator should be chosen for initial setup, however in the initial
setup I will have only one server, but after some time of usage in the
docs I read that if I have existing data I should use unify which is in
legacy translators and have some issues.

Please advise.

Regards,
Deian