[Gluster-users] list files very slow when 400K+ files in Glusterfs 1.3.12

Martin Reissner mreissner at wavecon.de
Sat Jun 27 09:11:33 UTC 2009

Hello,

I don't have experience with your exact setup especially not with
GlusterFS 1.3 but what you could try to increase performance is

- Update to GlusterFS 2.0.2
- Use newest FUSE (and try GlusterFS patched FUSE)
- Replace the Unify Translator by DHT
- If possible put the files in some subfolders, that should increase
performance when dirlisting

I tried with 4 Servers unified with the DHT Translator and ~20000 files
that were a bit smaller than yours and the performance was reasonable
compared to a single NFS share.

Martin