[Gluster-users] Storage Cluster Question

Mickey Mazarick mic at digitaltadpole.com
Mon Jun 29 22:37:13 UTC 2009

Have you seen a distributed parallel fault tolerant file system that
doesn't take a serious hit doing mmaps or direct io?
This is a serious question, I've installed luster to contrast recently
and it didn't measure up but I'm wondering what other DPFT filers anyone
has tried and for what applications?
The wiki list is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems#Distributed_parallel_fault_tolerant_file_systems

Can anyone give a positive or negative on any of these? Perhaps we can
use some of the positives of others to drive gluster development.

-Mic