[Gluster-users] Expanding a Volume with GlusterSP

Bala.JA bala at gluster.com
Wed Apr 7 04:40:21 UTC 2010

Hi Drew,

Gluster Platform 3.0.X doesn't have straight forward way for volume expansion.
Its required to do manual change in files,

1. /GLUSTER/volumes.xml on all servers and /GLUSTER/global-volumes.xml file in
server1.
2. Creating volume exports directory under data partition mount
points(/exports/DISKPARTITION/) in new servers.
3. Editing /etc/glusterfs/*VOLUME*.vol files in all servers and have same copy
in new servers.

All the above steps should be done when the volume is offline.

Thanks,

Regards,
Bala