[Gluster-users] Is there a way to prevent file deletion by accident?

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 08:17:50 UTC 2010

On 15 Aug 2010, at 19:09, Robert Terhaar wrote:

> I don't mean to troll, but maybe your client should buy a Gluster support
> contract to support development of the features that are necessary for your
> project. Or  better yet, maybe your client should get a team of skilled
> engineers before attempting to build a box.net clone.

I don't think you're trolling :) Starting a big project with known-bad engineers is just a recipe for disaster. If you don't want clients to be able to do filesystem-like commands, don't let them talk to the file system; stick an API in front of it (FUSE? REST?) that only allows what you want them to be able to do.

Marcus

--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions