[Gluster-users] gluster failover with no afr

Yaroslav Boychuk baya at rodovid.org
Tue Aug 31 14:29:41 UTC 2010

Hi Nikola,

If I'm not mistakes
change
--------------------
volume server-tcp
     type protocol/server
     option transport-type tcp
     option auth.addr.brick1.allow *
     option auth.addr.brick2.allow *
     option auth.addr.distribute.allow *
     option transport.socket.listen-port 6996
     option transport.socket.nodelay on
     subvolumes brick1 brick2 distribute
end-volume
----------------------
------------------
volume server-tcp
     type protocol/server
     option transport-type tcp
     option auth.addr.distribute.allow *
     option transport.socket.listen-port 6996
     option transport.socket.nodelay on
     subvolumes distribute
end-volume
-----------------
on both servers

Nikola Garafolic wrote:
 > I have the following setup:
 >
 > 2 hosts working as glusterfs servers, and 2 shared luns on SAN, that
can be mounted on any of the nodes at the same time (currently they are
formatted as xfs).

 > I would like to use both luns accessible on the same glusterfs server
at the time, but have the ability to switch automatically to second
glusterfs server in case of failure.

 > Currently I setup servers to export both luns, and then use them as
distributed, and on client to use them as ha translator..

 > You can see all from config files. Now, when I mount glusterfs, I can
see volume, but get input/output error, obviously due to some error in
configuration.