[Gluster-users] What NAS device(s) do you use? And why?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Dec 11 16:27:30 UTC 2010

On 12/11/2010 11:17 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

> I'm now looking for something that could scale beyond 100TB on one
> device (not necessarily one unit though) and find it frustrating that
> most NAS's come in 1U or 2U at most.

Not meant as a commercial.  See http://scalableinformatics.com/sicluster

Scales through many PB.  100TB isn't an issue, we have many in the field
of this size or larger (and smaller).  Runs Gluster 3.x (3.1.x

> Maybe I'm just not shopping around enough, or maybe I prefer to well
> known brands, I don't know.

The "well known" brands have well known limitations.  You have to decide
if brand name is more important than meeting the specific needs.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics, Inc.
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com