[Gluster-users] san replacement?

Greg Terkanian gregt at crystalcomputer.com
Fri Dec 10 18:32:49 UTC 2010

New to list and sorry if this gets long-winded, but I'm intrigued by this project.  I work for a consulting company and we currently sell our customers Solaris/ZFS-based IP SANs for CIFS shares and iSCSI vmdks for their VMs.  We then use scripted replications to either replicate their data between two SANs that they have purc hased or provide off-site replicas for them at our location.

My question is, would it be feasible to replace this infrastructure with a Gluster solution?  If so, please elaborate.

Thanks,
Greg