[Gluster-users] FORTRAN Codes and File I/O

Brian Smith brs at usf.edu
Thu Feb 11 17:59:23 UTC 2010

i all,

I'm running Gluster 3.0.0 on top of XFS and while running a FORTRAN code
that works perfectly well on any other file system, I get runtime errors
when trying to open files -- along the lines of:

At line 386 of file main.f (unit = 18, file = '')
Fortran runtime error: File 'CHGCAR' already exists

Are there known issues with FORTRAN I/O and Gluster?  Is this some sort
of caching artifact?  Its not a consistent problem as it only seems to
happen when running jobs within my scheduling environment (I use SGE).

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance,
-Brian

--