[Gluster-users] two node glusterfs with afr and dedicated replication interface?

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Thu Feb 25 01:46:36 UTC 2010

On Feb 24, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Joelly Alexander wrote:

> hi,
>
> i want to setup a two node glusterfs with afr;
> my servers have 4x 1gb interfaces build in, so i thought if it is possible to connect the two nodes together on two interfaces with bonding mode 0 for replication and the other two as additional bonding interface for redundancy to serve data to the clients?

You can do this using server-side replication. You can use the bonded interfaces
for the connections between the servers.

However, there are two problems with this kind of setup:

1) Since your clients will not have replication on their side and will only connect
to one server, you will not have high availability. If the server that a client has
connected to fails, the client will no longer have access to storage. You'll have to setup
some other kind of failover to handle this.

2) Server-side replicate is not one of the officially supported configurations, and
is not as well-tested as the others.

Vikas