[Gluster-users] Performance Optimization

Raghavendra G raghavendra at gluster.com
Mon Jan 4 19:38:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Jan-Michael Thölken <jmtx at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to GlusterFS and I got my first glusterFS-nodes running 2h ago :-)
>
> I am using cluster/replicate on 2 nodes. And I have 4 loadbalanced
> application-servers with apache getting files from glusterfs.
>
> Now I read this site:
> http://www.techforce.com.br/news/linux_blog/glusterfs_tuning_small_files
>
> So my question is:
>
> Is it possible with NUFA to get the apache on the application-nodes to do
> reads from the local disk and writes are replicated to the other nodes? And
> if this is possible, make this sense? And how to build this?

you can use replicate of two bricks - one brick is on local disk and other
on remote node. You can configure "read-subvolume" option in replicate to
the brick which is on local disk. This will give you a redundant setup where
reads are served from local disk but writes are sent to both nodes.

> Thank you.
> Jan

regards,
--