[Gluster-users] maxing out cpu

Dave Hall dave.hall at skwashd.com
Fri Jan 8 23:08:55 UTC 2010

Hi Shehjar,

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 13:58 +0530, Shehjar Tikoo wrote:
> The callgrind output can be opened using kcachegrind. See the attd
> png for what I observe here. For some reason, inode_path is consuming
> unusual amount of CPU.

This is what I saw too.  It didn't mean too much to me so I just bzip'd
it and sent it off.

As I mentioned on IRC, based on a quick look at the code, I suspect it
is all going wrong in libglusterfs/src/inode.c lines 902-908.  Sorry I
don't know enough C to be able to do anything to fix it :(

> This could be a resurfacing of a bug we thought
> was fixed by an earlier patch. Do you still have the logs for this
> particular run? Those are what we need to start looking deeper.

As we discussed the log just shows gluster starting and outputing some
environment info and the volfile.

Cheers

Dave