[Gluster-users] Very slow writes of many small files in NUFA configuration, is this expected?

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Fri Jan 15 16:10:33 UTC 2010

> Configuration files follow, mostly from here:
> http://www.techforce.com.br/news/linux_blog/glusterfs_tuning_small_files

I've followed this guide as well and found it to be helpful but not
entirely correct.  I've found the quickread translator to be more of a
burden than a benefit -- try your setup without it?

Also, writebehind is a client-side thing, so remove that from the server
(server is a normal userspace process, so it'll get the benefit of
kernel filesystem cache).

John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana