[Gluster-users] tuning glusterfs?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:02:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, pkoelle <pkoelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 19.01.2010 18:30, schrieb Jiann-Ming Su:
>>
>> I ran a simple bonnie++ benchmark on 3.0.0.  The read performance
>> through FUSE is horrible.  Are there some parameters that can be tuned
>> to improve read performance?
>
> Hi Jiann,
>
> You didn't provide information for anyone to help you. You should at least
> post the exact bonnie++ command line you used and some information about
> your setup (config files, transport, etc.).

Bonnie++ command:  ./bonnie++ -u 99:99 -d /var/boot -s 2000

The system I'm testing on has 1GB RAM.  /var/boot is the glusterfs
mount via fuse.

The transport is tcp but all on localhost.  Here's the glusterfsd.vol:

volume posix1
  type storage/posix
  option directory /mnt/gluster/gfs2
end-volume

volume locks1
    type features/locks
    subvolumes posix1
end-volume

volume brick1
    type performance/io-threads
    option thread-count 8
    subvolumes locks1
end-volume

volume server-tcp
    type protocol/server
    option transport-type tcp
    option auth.addr.brick1.allow 127.0.0.1
    option transport.socket.listen-port 6996
    option transport.socket.nodelay on
    subvolumes brick1
end-volume

Here's the client config:

# TRANSPORT-TYPE tcp
volume localhost-1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host localhost
    option transport.socket.nodelay on
    option transport.remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick1
end-volume

volume writebehind
    type performance/write-behind
    option cache-size 4MB
    subvolumes localhost-1
end-volume

volume readahead
    type performance/read-ahead
    option page-count 4
    subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

volume iocache
    type performance/io-cache
    option page-size 1MB
    option cache-size 1GB
    option cache-timeout 1
    subvolumes readahead
end-volume

volume quickread
    type performance/quick-read
    option cache-timeout 1
    option max-file-size 64kB
    subvolumes iocache
end-volume

volume statprefetch
    type performance/stat-prefetch
    subvolumes quickread
end-volume

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in