[Gluster-users] Performance degrade

pkoelle pkoelle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 16:27:25 UTC 2010

Am 19.07.2010 17:10, schrieb Roland Rabben:
> I did try that on one of the clients. I removed all performance
> translators except io-threads. No imporovement.
> The server still use a hughe ammount of CPU.
36*8 = 288 threads alone for IO. I don't know specifics about GlusterFS
but common knowledge suggests high thread counts are bad. You end up
using all your CPU waiting for locks and in context switches.

Why do you export each disk seperately? You don't seem to care about
disk failure so you could put all disks in one LVM VG and export LVs
from that.

cheers
  Paul