[Gluster-users] Inconsistent volume

Steve Wilson stevew at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 26 20:34:30 UTC 2010

I have a volume that is distributed and replicated.  While deleting a
directory structure on the mounted volume, I also restarted the
GlusterFS daemon on one of the replicated servers.  After the "rm -rf"
command completed, it complained that it couldn't delete a directory
because it wasn't empty.  But from the perspective of the mounted volume
it appeared empty.  Looking at the individual bricks, though, I could
see that there were files remaining in this directory.

My question: what is the proper way to correct this problem and bring
the volume back to a consistent state?  I've tried using the "ls -alR"
command to force a self-heal but for some reason this always causes the
volume to become unresponsive from any client after 10 minutes or so.

Some clients/servers are running version 3.0.4 while the others are
running 3.0.5.

Thanks!

Steve

--
Steven M. Wilson, Systems and Network Manager
Markey Center for Structural Biology