[Gluster-users] Git version of 3.0.5

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Fri Jul 30 16:30:04 UTC 2010

On Jul 30, 2010, at 8:02 AM, Matt wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> could someone please let me know the sha1 in the git repository on which release 3.0.5. is based? Is there something special one
> needs to do to use the git version.  Thanks!

Matt,

Every release has a corresponding tag in the repository. You can get a list of all tags with 'git tag'. You can checkout a specific tag by doing:

$ git checkout -b v3.0.5

To compile from the git repository you need to have automake, autoconf, and libtool installed. Then you can do:

$ ./autogen.sh
configure, make, as usual.

Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.