[Gluster-users] Not mounting

Chad ccolumbu at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 20:55:32 UTC 2010

[if]
I think what you want is:
/usr/bin/glusterfs-volgen --name glusterraid1 --raid 1 --export-directory /glusterfs1 raidvol-0 raidvol-1 server002 [...] server034
(Note no :/glusterfs1 after the server name)

I am assuiming that "raidvol-0 raidvol-1" are either names of 2 of your servers or a typo.

Keep in mind that I use 3.x which has a different syntax, but here is my volgen line:
/usr/bin/glusterfs-volgen --name tcb_data --raid 1 --conf-dir /etc/glusterfs 10.0.0.24:/mnt/tcb_data 10.0.0.25:/mnt/tcb_data

Note the lack of the "--export-directory" parameter. I think in 2.x --export-directory was the "global way" to specify the directory for all servers instead of
listing the same directory over and over after the colon like the new way <server>:/glusterfs1.
This would be simpler if you have all identical paths.

I do not think you list the /export/glusterfs directory anywhere it is just part of the mount command.

[else]
If I am wrong about the --export-directory parameter and it is for the client side as the client mount point then you want this:
/usr/bin/glusterfs-volgen --name glusterraid1 --raid 1 --export-directory /export/glusterfs raidvol-0:/glusterfs1 raidvol-1:/glusterfs1 server002:/glusterfs1
[...] server034:/glusterfs1

Again I am assuiming that "raidvol-0 raidvol-1" are either names of 2 of your servers or a typo.

BTW: Don't be to hard on the list, may of them are probably in a different time zone and are asleep.
Also they are probably all monitoring many mailing lists and get hundreds of messages a day.

^C