[Gluster-users] Gluster Hosted Storage

Gluster gluster at flagship.co.nz
Wed Sep 22 21:45:21 UTC 2010

 Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a backup service. First client is
almost written in .NET for windows.

Are there any Gluster based Hosted Storage providers out there, that can
provide a good, reliable solution?

I am still trying to get my head around what would be the most efficient
and scalable protocol for doing the file transfer. I want to
programmatically control file transfer rather than just mounting a drive
and my understanding is that Gluster Storage Platform only provides
share drive access via GlusterFS, NFS or CIFS, which would therefore
preclude me using the Platform and I would need to use straight
GlusterFS where I could use just about anything. We already have a .NET
control for FTP over SSL, but is this the best way to go?

Kind regards, Latimer Clark
gluster at flagship.co.nz
Skype - pacificx