[Gluster-users] df causes hang

phil cryer phil at cryer.us
Thu Feb 3 21:08:28 UTC 2011

This wasn't my issue, but I'm still having the issue. Today I purged
glusterfs 3.1.1 and installed 3.1.2 fresh from deb. I recreated my
volume, started it, everything was going fine, mounted the share, then
ran df -h to see it, now every few seconds my logs posts this:

==> /var/log/glusterfs/nfs.log <==
[2011-02-03 15:55:57.145626] E
[client-handshake.c:1079:client_query_portmap_cbk]
bhl-volume-client-98: failed to get the port number for remote
subvolume
[2011-02-03 15:55:57.145694] I [client.c:1590:client_rpc_notify]
bhl-volume-client-98: disconnected

==> /var/log/glusterfs/mnt-glusterfs.log <==
[2011-02-03 15:55:57.605802] E [common-utils.c:124:gf_resolve_ip6]
resolver: getaddrinfo failed (Name or service not known)
[2011-02-03 15:55:57.605834] E
[name.c:251:af_inet_client_get_remote_sockaddr] glusterfs: DNS
resolution failed on host /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol

over and over. Any clues as to how I can fix this? This one issue has
made our entire 100TB store unusable.

and again, gluster volume info shows all the bricks are OK, including 98:

gluster> volume info

Volume Name: bhl-volume
Type: Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 72 x 2 = 144