[Gluster-users] df causes hang

phil cryer phil at cryer.us
Fri Feb 4 03:07:22 UTC 2011

Avati - thanks for your reply, my comments below

>> [name.c:251:af_inet_client_get_remote_sockaddr] glusterfs: DNS
>> resolution failed on host /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol

> Please make sure you are able to resolve hostnames as given in volume info
> in all of your servers via 'dig'. The logs clearly show that host resolution
> seems to be failing.

Agreed, however that does seem to be the issue because I can dig the
host (they're all defined in my hosts file too so it doesn't have to
look them up) named clustr-02 and in fact there are 23 other 'bricks'
on that host that are working fine:

# gluster volume info | grep clustr-02
Brick2: clustr-02:/mnt/data01
Brick8: clustr-02:/mnt/data02
Brick14: clustr-02:/mnt/data03
Brick20: clustr-02:/mnt/data04
Brick26: clustr-02:/mnt/data05
Brick32: clustr-02:/mnt/data06
Brick38: clustr-02:/mnt/data07
Brick44: clustr-02:/mnt/data08
Brick50: clustr-02:/mnt/data09
Brick56: clustr-02:/mnt/data10
Brick62: clustr-02:/mnt/data11
Brick68: clustr-02:/mnt/data12
Brick74: clustr-02:/mnt/data13
Brick80: clustr-02:/mnt/data14
Brick86: clustr-02:/mnt/data15
Brick92: clustr-02:/mnt/data16
Brick98: clustr-02:/mnt/data17
Brick104: clustr-02:/mnt/data18
Brick110: clustr-02:/mnt/data19
Brick116: clustr-02:/mnt/data20
Brick122: clustr-02:/mnt/data21
Brick128: clustr-02:/mnt/data22
Brick134: clustr-02:/mnt/data23
Brick140: clustr-02:/mnt/data24

I logged into that host, unmounted that mount, ran fsck.ext4 on it,
but it came back clean.

Also thing, the log says: "glusterfs: DNS >> resolution failed on host
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol" - however, there is obviously no host
named  /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol - does this point to an issue?

And lastly, I even have a file named /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol"

ls -ls /etc/glusterfs
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  229 Jan 16 21:15 glusterd.vol
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1908 Jan 16 21:15 glusterfsd.vol.sample
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2005 Jan 16 21:15 glusterfs.vol.sample

I created all of the configs via the gluster> commandline tool.

Thanks

--
http://philcryer.com