[Gluster-users] Removing bricks

Roberto Franchini franchini at celi.it
Fri Feb 4 22:23:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Thomas Wakefield <twake at cola.iges.org> wrote:
> What's the best process for removing a brick from a gluster setup running 3.0  (possibly getting upgraded to 3.1 soon)?
>
> We have 32 bricks, over 8 servers, and need to start thinking about how we will age out the smaller disks in favor of larger disk sizes.

We a 6 servers cluster in distribute/replicate running on 3.0.5.
Yesterday we drop a node in favor of a a new one.
So we umount and the stopped all the gluster servers, then modify the
client vol file to point the new server instead of the old one and
then restart/remount the cluster.
At the beginning the new node was empty, so we did a ls -lR on a dir
on the gluster storage to see the new node filled with data.
Hope this help, cheers,
RF
--
Roberto Franchini