[Gluster-users] Debian package: how to make it

Harshavardhana harsha at gluster.com
Tue Feb 8 02:28:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Cedric Lagneau
<cedric.lagneau at openwide.fr>wrote:

> > However, in debian experimental there is a package for 3.1.2
> Yes , the debian file
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/glusterfs/glusterfs_3.1.2-1.debian.tar.gzprovide splitted "debian way" packages.
>
> I search the same debian src directory for the all in one debian package
> provided by download.glusterfs because when glusterfs will release newer
> version it'll be more easy to upgrade.
>

> thanks
>
> Cedric,

   There are few files in there which are outdated, which needs to be fixed
by the Debian maintainers.  Even the init scripts from glusterfsd are
invalid for 3.1.x releases. Since "glusterd" handles spawning "glusterfsd"
process.

We will be applying bug trackers on debian repositories to get it updated.
--

Harshavardhana
Gluster Inc - http://www.gluster.com