[Gluster-users] Fwd: files not syncing up with glusterfs 3.1.2

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Tue Feb 22 07:04:25 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

Locking is part of the core GlusterFS protocol but the NFS server module
does not have NLM support yet(NLM is the locking protocol associated with
NFSv3). On linux, the workaround is generally to mount with the -o nolock
option although I dont see why excluding this option results in stale file
handle and other errors. let me go through the complete thread, I'll reply
elsewhere.

Today, if locking among multiple client machines is a must-have, you'll
have to use FUSE.