[Gluster-users] very bad performance on small files

Rafiq Maniar rafiq.maniar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 18:03:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

This can be offset by using a PHP bytecode caching system like Xcache or
APC. Just make
sure you have enough memory allocated.

In this way you can have the benefit of a distributed filesystem for your
application
files while also having them accessed quickly (except for the 1st access).

Having said that, I only went this way because we have 80GB worth of PHP
files, if
it were the standard few MBs then I'd keep them locally on the application
server!

Rafiq