[Gluster-users] not sure how to troubleshoot SMB / CIFS overload when using GlusterFS

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Mon Jul 18 16:52:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 09:49:42PM +0530, Anand Avati wrote:

> It is not FUSE blocking that is your problem. You need a quicker trick to
> achieve case insensitivity.

Could this help?

  5.4.2.1 case sensitive

  This share-level option, which has the obtuse synonym casesignames,
  specifies whether Samba should preserve case when resolving filenames in a
  specific share. The default value for this option is no, which is how
  Windows handles file resolution. If clients are using an operating system
  that takes advantage of case-sensitive filenames, you can set this
  configuration option to yes as shown here:

  [accounting]
  	case sensitive = yes

  Otherwise, we recommend that you leave this option set to its default.

>From http://oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch05_04.html

As I read that, "case sensitive = yes" is telling Samba not to bother with
any case substitutions. That is, you may need "a quicker trick to achieve
case insensitivity" if you just get rid of case insensitivity.

Whit