[Gluster-users] warning: pure path resolution

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Jun 15 14:29:13 UTC 2011

On 06/15/2011 10:23 AM, Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:16:02AM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:
>
>> As a general rule, the W simply tells you its a warning.
>
> In practice, is it safe to simply ignore all warnings from Gluster?
> Different projects have different thresholds between no warning, warning,
> and critical messages. Is Gluster's, in your experience, such that warnings
> may as well be discarded?
>
> Whit

Ok ... Warnings shouldn't be ignored, just logged. In most cases, they
will turn out to be nothing.  In some cases, they may turn out to be
something.  I'll defer to the devs, but our experience suggests that
warnings that don't develop into E states are things you don't have to
worry about.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO