[Gluster-users] Files per directory

Mohit Anchlia mohitanchlia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:04:11 UTC 2011

Thanks for sharing. It looks like 3.5 million files are directly
placed under /export/read-write/g0{1,2} on 2 servers. I am assuming
performance stays the same as no. of files increase.

Couple of more questions:

Did you also consider using RAID 0 over these 2 disks on the same host?
Do you know what happens when a new node is added. Since gluster uses
elastic hashing does it still work or does new node throws off the
hashing algorithm. I am wondering how gluster is able to retrieve old
files after adding new node because now it's hashing accross new
nodes.

Thanks again and keep us posted!

I will be starting similar testing in next 2 weeks also.