[Gluster-users] Fedora release 3.1.3

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:57:40 UTC 2011

Hiya

Thanks for replying.

On 20/03/2011 14:24, Deadpan110 wrote:
> 32bit is unsupported by the devs but it appears to work when you
> compile yourself.
After sending my email, I saw your previous mail.
:)

One thing that I did saw was  3.1.3 is packaged in unstable.
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=glusterfs

I would rather trust the package manager, than myself.
:)

And if I wait ten days, it may even make it to testing.
> If you need a 32bit deb - please feel free to test mine in a non
> production environment.
>
> read:
> http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2011-March/007006.html
>
> So far I have been using it in a virtuali(s/z)ed environment on 4
> virtual machines using native glusterfs mounting using distributed
> replicated volumes.
>
> ---8<---- snip ---- 8<  ----
> # gluster volume create test-volume replica 2 transport tcp
> server1:/exp1 server2:/exp2 server3:/exp3 server4:/exp4
> ---8<---- snip ---- 8<  ----
>
> I have been adding files from every node and also testing re-balancing
> n node fail - I will update my findings soon.
If I may ask. Please include your configs. Always good to see what
others are doing.
> I make no guarantees that it will work for everyone and refuse
> responsibility for data loss etc (yep - the standard disclaimer) - the
> devs will also offer no support for any 32bit build.
>
> But, feel free to try it out in a test environment - or build your own!

Thanks
Brent