[Gluster-users] [SPAM?] Do clients need to run glusterd?

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri May 6 21:00:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, 6 May 2011 at 1:44pm, Vikas Gorur wrote

> The clients do *not* need to run glusterd.

This is what I hoped to hear.  But...

> Glusterd is the management daemon, and it needs to run on all the
> servers. If you shut down the glusterd service, it stops all volumes by
> killing the GlusterFS processes. This is why you will see your clients
> return errors. Glusterd interacts with the 'gluster' command-line tool,
> and is responsible for creating and starting volumes and making changes
> to volume configuration.

I'm not seeing errors on the clients.  The errors (well, warnings
actually) I posted are in
/var/log/glusterfs/etc-glusterfs-glusterd.vol.log on the *servers*.  I can
safely ignore them, then?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin