[Gluster-users] Expand replicated bricks to more nodes/change replica count

Daniel Manser doenle85 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:41:31 UTC 2011

Hi list

I have set up several volumes on a two-node Gluster setup using
"replica 2" configurations. I would like to add two more nodes to the
trusted pool so that all volumes are replicated on 4 nodes. I wonder
if that can be done online, but after doing some research on this I
didn't find evidence that it's possible to change the replica count
_after_ the volume has been created.

Would I have to stop the volumes, set up a new volume with a replica
of 4, and then start the volume again? Or is there a way to do it
online?

Thanks
Daniel