[Gluster-users] Gluster object-storage additional proxy

Mohammed Junaid junaid at gluster.com
Thu Oct 27 06:00:26 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel,

 However, I've been trying to setup an extra swift proxy to offload some of
> the CPU usage I've been experiencing in our tests and I can't really find a
> way to do so.
>  What's the correct way to proceed, with gluster's object-storage? Anyone
> else has done it?

To increase the proxy server count, edit the file
"/etc/gluster-object/proxy-server.conf and add the line

    workers = <count>

>  Following Swift's documentation I get stuck at copying the ring files (do
> they exist in gluster's object-storage?). Then I've thought I could simply
> setup gluster object-storage in a proxy machine and somehow redirect the
> requests from the proxy to the storage machine, but I'm failing miserably
> that way as well.

For using gluster object-storage, there is no need to generate the ring
files. Please follow the gluster object-storage documentation to setup the
machines.

Thanks,
Junaid