[Gluster-users] Bricks suggestions

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:25:30 UTC 2012

2012/4/27 Gandalf Corvotempesta <gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com>

> So, what do you suggest? A simple RAID10?
>
> I have servers with 8 SATA disk, what do you suggest to 'merge' these disks to a bigger volume?
>
> I think that having "du" output wrong, is not a good solution.
>
> I'm also considering no raid at all.
For example, with 2 server and 8 SATA disk each, I can create a single XFS
filesystem for every disk and then creating a replicated bricks for each.

For example:

server1:brick1 => server2:brick1
server1:brick2 => server2:brick2

and so on.
After that, I can use these bricks to create a distributed volume.
In case of a disk failure, I have to heal only on disk at time and not the
whole volume, right?