[Gluster-users] Change transport type on volume from tcp to rdma

Ivan Dimitrov dobber at amln.net
Thu Oct 11 08:27:45 UTC 2012

What I did was:

gluster volume stop VOLUME
gluster volume delete VOLUME

On each peer on each brick I did:
setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id /mnt/brick1
setfattr -x trusted.gfid /mnt/brick1
setfattr -x trusted.glusterfs.volume-id /mnt/brick2
setfattr -x trusted.gfid /mnt/brick2
rm -r /mnt/brick1/.glusterfs/
rm -r /mnt/brick2/.glusterfs/

gluster volume create VOLUME replica 2 transport rdma,tcp peer1:brick1
peer2:brick1 peer1:brick2 peer2:brick2

Now I was able to mount with -o transport=rdma where I have Infiniband
cards and -o transport=tcp where I have only ethernet

Best Regards
Ivan Dimitrov