[Gluster-users] Fwd: files not syncing up with glusterfs 3.1.2

Kon Wilms konfoo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:39:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Steve Wilson <stevew at purdue.edu> wrote:
> We had trouble with reliability for small, actively-accessed files on a
> distribute-replicate volume in both GlusterFS 3.11 and 3.12.  It seems that
> the replicated servers would eventually get out of sync with each other on
> these kinds of files.  For a while, we dropped replication and only ran the
> volume as distributed.  This has worked reliably for the past week or so
> without any errors that we were seeing before: no such file, invalid
> argument, etc.

I'm running thousands of small files over NFSv3 through NGINX with
distribute and have had the opposite experience. Unfortunately when
NGINX can't access a file over NFS it means a customer calling us, so
right now gluster is basically sitting idle (posted my output to the
list a while back with no response).

Cheers
Kon