[Gluster-users] Fwd: files not syncing up with glusterfs 3.1.2

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Mon Feb 21 19:06:13 UTC 2011

thanks for all responding - at least i know i'm not all alone.  i am shocked
to think that so many on this list are having serious fundamental issues
with glusterfs - and seemingly for a long time.  so, without wanting to
troll - my  question is: "is gluster a serious stable general purpose file
system"?  or, is it more a good "caching system" for a specific narrow
domain?

i'd really like to hear from any official gluster people out there - right
now the silence is deafening.  is this issue know? is it viewed a serious?
it is being worked on? i'm all up for volunteering to help by sending in a
test case, sending logs - whatever is asked of me.  i want to believe
gluster is going to work - as do many other sys-admins i know of in the
post/film industry.  however, i'm rapidly loosing confidence in gluster with
each passing day of silence...

in hope - paul