[Gluster-users] Glusterfs cluster recovery and healing setup.

Hareem Haque hareem.haque at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:07:15 UTC 2011

Can someone please kindly help in the following:

How best to deal with node failures and cluster repairs.

I have a problem. I setup 4 node distribute replicated cluster.

On Node1 is initiated the peer probe command and formed the storage pool
(Node1 being hypothetical master).

I mounted the glusterfs native client on a machine. Using Node1 is used to
mount the glusterfs onto the client machine.

Now say NODE1 fails and goes offline. How do i add it back to the cluster
and get the cluster back to its 4 node strength.

Do i need to do rebalance or something else.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Hareem. Haque